Did you know that 1 in 6 Americans currently live in a multigenerational household? According to Generations United, the number of multigenerational households rose from 42.4 million in
5 Tips For A Stress Free Housewarming Party
A christening of sorts, a housewarming is definitely one of those parties every new home owner looks forward to. The only problem is, most homes are far from finished in the first few weeks, and decorating can take months. We're here to tell you, it's OK — we've all been there! Not only is there a certain charm to seeing a home punctuated with moving boxes, it usually gets friends excited about the final outcome. Worries aside, here are a few things to keep in mind for hosting your first housewarming party!
- Unpack as Much as Possible: Your belongings don't need to be completely put away, but your boxes should at least be in the appropriate rooms. Since your guests will most likely be lingering in your living room and kitchen, make unpacking these rooms a priority.
- Keep the Weather in Mind: If you live in a warm climate, consider hosting your party outside. It will minimize some of the stress, and you won't have to worrying about dirtying up your digs. If it's Winter or raining, make sure you've unpacked hangers in a cleared-out closet for your guests' coats.
- Keep It Casual: Housewarmings are generally casual events, so you can send your invitations anywhere from three days to three weeks in advance. Also, since you'll likely be overwhelmed with the move, don't worry about using your finest dishes or serving ware. Feel free to go with cute paper plates and cocktail napkins!
- Do Remember the Details: Fresh flowers, easy snacks, and few candles will make a big difference without requiring much work on your part. In addition, keep one table clear to store and display your guests' gifts as they arrive. If a friend brings a bottle of wine, set it aside to be used on another day (unless you know the value of the vino). Even though it's a busy time, don't forget the thank you notes!
- Show Off!: Guests will love to hear your plans for your place, so give them the full tour! Feel free to tell them what you're envisioning or what renovation projects you're planning. You might end up coming away with a great contractor or painter recommendation.
CALL MONICA SUE SCOTT @ (480)326-6478 FOR ALL YOUR REAL ESTATE NEEDS
Click here for all the results
Latest Blog Posts
To understand today’s complex real estate market, it is critical to have a local, trusted advisor on your side – for more reasons than you may think. In real estate today, there are